Fuel is a theatre producing company. We don’t have our own theatre, and instead present performances and events at other venues, across the UK and internationally. Fly the Flag’s activities are run through Fuel Productions Ltd, a charitable company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (Company number 7935786) Charity Registered (Number 1149680). Fuel is the Data Controller of your personal information.
Contact details for Fuel:
020 7228 6688
We are the data controller for your personal data and will ensure it is used and stored in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998), the Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations (2003) and as of the 25th of May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679).
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Manager by email at data@Fueltheatre.com, or by post or phone using the details above.
This policy may change from time to time – for example, to take into account changes at Fly the Flag or to reflect changes regulation or legislation. It was last updated on 10 December 2018
Updates to this policy will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes by email where appropriate.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect and process personal data when it’s necessary to carry out our business aims and deliver our charitable public benefit objectives.
We may collect and process personal data to:
- Provide a service you have requested (eg join a mailing list).
- Understand our audiences and their preferences better so that we can engage them in a deeper and more meaningful way, and also use this insight to help our case for support when submitting and evaluating funding applications.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect and retain information which provides information about you that can be used to identify you. The type of personal data that we collect and how it is used depends on where and when it is gathered.
Information provided by you:
- When you ask to subscribe to our email newsletter we will collect your first name, surname and email address. We will also record whether you are signing up on behalf of a school or organisation.
- When you send an email to Fly the Flag, we will keep your email address for correspondence.
- We collect information from feedback forms, both hard copy and online.
When you visit websites run by Fly the Flag:
We may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet.
- The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version.
This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of visitors, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
This is not an exhaustive list and we may retain different types of information for different individuals based on the service we are providing. For information on how long we retain your data for, refer to the ‘how we protect data’ section of this policy.
- Understand how the public engages with our online content. One way we do this is via Google Analytics (eg collecting information about what Fly the Flag web pages people visit, and for how long). You can go to http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html to find out more about Google Analytics cookies and how to opt-out of them.
- To offer a tailored experience of our website (eg to ensure that visitors only see a splash page one time).
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
The majority of this behaviour is anonymised. For more information on how to control your privacy settings for these services, go to the following links:
We may also collect information published on social media that is about Fly the Flag for evaluation or reporting purposes (eg reporting Fly the Flag’s impact to funders).
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us. Here are the ways we collect personal data:
- When you complete a feedback or our online feedback form.
- When you post something about Fly the Flag on social media (eg Twitter). We may record the post for use in publicity or for evaluation purposes. We may also collect and track anonymised data on our social media audiences to better understand the groups of people who engage with us online. We use this to ensure we engage with audiences and groups of people who are new to us.
- When you send an email to us.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use personal data in the following ways:
- To send you updates via email about news or supporting us.
- To use your anonymised details to show you advertising on social media platforms like Facebook or via other third party advertising that may appear on other websites you visit.
- To classify Fly the Flag’s audience into groups or segments, using publicly available information. These segments help us to understand our audience better and ensure we’re engaging with each group in the most relevant and welcome way possible.
HOW WE MANAGE PERSONAL DATA AND KEEP IT ACCURATE
Fly the Flag will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data in order to perform services on our behalf, we make sure anyone who provides a service for the Fly the Flag enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. The retention period will vary according to the purpose. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact Fly the Flag’s Data Protection Manager using the contact details outlined in this notice.
If you ask us to update your personal information we will do so.
If you ask us to change how we process your personal data (eg to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, or to remove your details from our database) we will keep the minimum amount of information to confirm your identity and the nature of your request.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
Fly the Flag is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us.
Personal data stored by us is kept on servers and computers in secure environments. These include Microsoft Sharepoint, Google Documents, Spektrix, and work computers. All storage and data processing applications and the machines used to host them are password-protected.
Only employees and approved contractors/developers appointed by Fly the Flag and who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
In processing personal information as described in this document, some personal data may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host Fly the Flag’s website or file system are located in a country outside of the EEA. If Fly the Flag transfers your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
Fly the Flag may transfer your data to the USA to organisations such as Microsoft or Google. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
Personal data is your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
We want it to be easy for you to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you.
You can contact us by phoning, emailing, or writing using our contact details below.
Every email we send to you will include details on how to unsubscribe from future communications.
At any time you have the right to ask Fly the Flag to amend or stop how it uses your personal information, including for marketing purposes.
If you would like to see what information we hold about you, you can request full details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, or after 25 May 2018, The General Data Protection Regulation, by contacting Fly the Flag’s Data Protection Manager. Please send a description of the information you would like to see, together with proof of your identity to Fly the Flag’s Data Protection Manager.
You have the right to have any of your personal data that is held by us corrected. If you have any concern about the accuracy of your personal data, please let us know using the below contact details.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ico.org.uk